(August 21st 1859 - Bucharest, 1926)
    ? - He worked in professor’s Julien Guadet workshop (1834-1908);
    1881-1885 - School of Fine Arts, Paris, France (source of the information: The French National Archives, registration file 1112 at École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts Paris, enrollment 374, presenting the diploma is not specified). On May 31st 1885 his French diploma is recognized and he is granted the right to practice in Romania.
    During his studying period in France he obtained a scholarship from the Romanian Ministry of Public Works.
    Disciples and exercised influences:
    Ernest Doneaud, Paul Smarandescu, Victor Stefanescu, all three collaborated with him in the years following his Parisian studies, at the Chamber of Deputies, the Military Circle, the Senate. It is also known that he brought Chapon and Trannoy in the country. His workshop could be found in his private residence from str. George Vranca (1897).
    Professional activity (affiliations, administrative positions, commissions):
    ? - 1892 (February) - Architect of the Ministry of Internal Affairs; since 1887, he was promoted, becoming Chief-Architect;
    1888 - He investigated the construction of the barracks in Babadag and Tulcea and designed the Administrative Palace of Olt County, an unfinished project;
    1890 - He was part of a verifying committee of the hospitals’ condition, among Ion Mincu, Ion Socolescu and Constantin Baicoianu;
    1898 - He started working in the Ministry of Agriculture and Domains and he managed the "Agricultural, Industrial and Livestock" Exhibition, building pavilions in Bibescu Garden from Craiova, Romania;
    1908 (June) – He supervised the earthmoving operations from Ploiesti-Valeni Railway, Romania.
    Dimitrie Maimarolu was a founding member of the Society of Architects in Romania, a member of the Polytechnic Society and an architect in the Historical Monuments Committee.


    Finished/unfinished projects:
    Architecture projects:
    1886-1887 - The Communal Palace in Tecuci, today the House of Culture, Tecuci, Romania;
    May 23rd 1898 - He is given the Project for the Professional School No. 1 for girls in Bucharest, Romania;
    July1898 - He receives the repairs order for the School of Arts and Crafts and of the Commercial School Level II in Iasi, Romania (source: B.N.R., F.S.G., file XXII/8, f. 3-4);
    1890 - He receives the Project for the Postal Palace, an unfinished project, subsequently built on the plans of arch. Alexandru Savulescu;
    1898-1899 - The Prefecture of Arges County, Pitesti, today the County Museum of Natural History, Pitesti, Romania.
    1901 - The engineer of the final works of the Communal Palace in Targu Jiu, today the Prefecture of Gorj County, Targu Jiu, Romania.
    He designed plans for hospitals in Turnu Magurele and Alexandria.
    1904-1907 - Restoration of the St. Silvestru Church, site work being coordinated by arch. Paul Petricu, Bucharest, Romania (source: B.N.R., F.S.G., file XXII/8, f. 35, in 1902 he forwards 22 plans and 5 documents for the church and the parsonage);
    1905 - He built the St. Haralambie Church in Turnu Magurele, by the plans of arch. Lecomte de Nouy, Turnu Magurele, Romania;
    1911-1915 - He elaborated the plans of the Armenian Church, inaugurated in 1915, Bucharest, Romania.
    He was also engaged in the repair works of the Brezoianu Church in Bucharest.
    There have been identified in the Bucharest City Archives the following authorization tabs for the houses designed or modified by him:
    1888 - Alexandru Popovici’s house on Calea Mosilor nr. 153, Bucharest, Romania;
    1896 - House on str. Verde nr. 3, Bucharest, Romania;
    1897 - Mariei Budisteanu’s house on blvd. Ferdinand, Bucharest, Romania;
            - T. Djuvara’s house on blvd. Coltei;, Bucharest, Romania;
    1897 - Works at Concordia Hotel on str. Smardan nr. 51, Bucharest, Romania;
    1899 - Somanescu House on str. C. A. Rosetti, Bucharest, Romania;
    1899 - He executed carpentry work on Victor Antonescu’s house, Bucharest, Romania;
    1899 - He estimated the Ciocardia Property in Sinaia, Romania;
    1900 - He executed radical repairs on the following houses: dr. C. Severeanu on str. Campineanu nr. 25 and on str. Batistei nr. 8 and nr. 11, Bucharest, Romania;
    1905 - He realized carpentry work for the Atanasovici House and the Romulus Porescu House, Bucharest, Romania;
    1906 - He performed repairs to Stefan Hepites’ house on Coltei Boulevard nr. 42, Bucharest, Romania;
    ? - He performed repairs to the houses on the corner of str. Negustori with str. Paleologu, Haralambescu House on str. Romana nr. 209, Bucharest, Romania (source: B.N.R., F.S.G., file XXII/8 and A.N.D.M.B., Technical P.M.B. fond).
    Between 1901-1902, there could be identified a correspondence with the Arghiropolu owner from Iasi regarding the consolidation of his villa in Cucuteni. Between 1905 and 1910, it was erected Gogu Vorvoreanu’ House (1840-1911), in Craiova, a sumptuous residence, which became in 1964 the headquarters of the Metropolitan Church in Oltenia. In the same region, Maimarolu is credited for the Matei Mirica house, built in 1898.
    1890 (December) - First prize in the international contest for constructing the Legislative Chambers building and in August 1911 his and that of the architect Ernest Doneaud were declared the winner projects; yet the Senate project remained unaccomplished. The project for the Chamber of Deputies was realized between 1906-1908 and extended in 1911-1913 and 1914-1916 (source: B.N.R., F.S.G., Maimarolu archive, fillet CCXCVIII/4).
    1899 - He won the contest of the Military Circle, between 1911-1923, with interruptions, in collaboration with the architect Ernest Doneaud and the engineers Anghel and Paul Saligny and Elie and Mircea Radu.


    Oana Marinache, Ernest Doneaud, visul liniei, Editura Istoria Artei, Bucuresti, 2015 (pending publication).