Romanian architect, embracing the Neo-Romanian style, especially known for his work within the Administration of State Monopoly (Autonomous House of the Monopolies), who designed several edifices for this institution.
(Andrei Răzvan Voinea, 2017)
Public/professional activity (affiliations, administrative positions, committees)
1925 (?) - Member of the Society of Romanian Architects.
1926 (?) - 1942 - Architect at the Administration of State Monopoly.
Other relevant information
First he lived at 28 Lucaci Street (1925). Then he lived in an apartment located in the building he designed himself for the Autonomous House of the Monopolies, in Lahovary Square, at number 5.
1925 - Czernovitzer house (not completed), Sf. Ștefan Street, Bucharest;
1925 - St. Morărescu - Adria house, Bonaparte Park, in collaboration with Arch. N. Georgescu;
1926 - 1929 - C.A.M. building, 5A Lahovary Square, Bucharest. According to the description in the early 1930s, ’’the built surface is 1800 sq. m. The construction includes a ground floor, four other floors, as well as an attic floor, housing 70 families and 15 single clerks. The building has all modern amenities, including central heating, elevators, and garages”;
1930 - Tobacco Institute, Gârlei Street (Băneasa), Bucharest;
1933 - M. Ionescu house, 22 Epureanu Street, Bucharest, ground floor and main floor (source: „Monitorul Uniunii Orașelor din România” - official journal of the Urban Communes Association, no. 03-04, March-Aprilie, 1933);
1933 - V. Marinescu building, 20 Aristizza Romanescu (probably renovation or improvements. The house had been designed by the Communal Society for Cheap Housing, Arch. D. Mohor), ground floor and main floor, Bucharest (Source: Urbanismul magazine, March-April, 1933);
1933 - Lt. Col. Danielop building, 1 A. Mureșeanu Street, ground floor, Bucharest (Source: „Monitorul Uniunii Orașelor din România - official journal of the Urban Communes Association”, no. 07-08, May-June, 1933, p. 96);
1938 - Muș. villa, 3 Căpitan Nicolae Drossu Street, Bucharest;
? - Building at 14A Paris Street, Bucharest (on the lateral facade there is a memorial plaque bearing the arhitect’s name and signature);
1938 - Building, 5 Naum Râmniceanu Street, Bucharest. It is included on the List of Historical Monuments. B-II-m-B-19524;
1939 - Teodosiu building, 56 Braziliei Street, Bucharest (source: Arhitectura magazine, no. 1/ 1939, p. 39);
1942 - C.A.M. block of flats in Grant parcelling, Bucharest. It was built on the site of the houses belonging to the Communal Society for Cheap Housing, damaged by the earthquake in 1940;
1942 - Block of flats for workers, Slănic Prahova;
? - Ștefan Minovici villa, Cărpiniș village, Argeș county;
? - The church in Cărpiniș village, Argeș county.
Awards and distinctions
1924 - Competition for a boarding school for boys in Năsăud, 2nd prize (the 1st and 3rd prize were not awarded), together with N. Georgescu;
1925 - Competition for the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Iași;
1925 - Competition for the Chamber of Commerce in Timișoara;
1925 - Project for Făgăraș city hall.
CONSTANTIN, Paul, Dicționar universal al arhitecților, Editura Științifică și Enciclopedică, Bucharest, 1977, p. 260.
CIORTAN, Statie, „Locuinţe pentru funcţionarii Ministerului de Finanţe”, p. 111, in the volume Institutul Urbanistic al României, „Locuința în România”, 1933.
Pr. MARINESCU, Vasile (Biserica Olari, Curtea de Argeș, 21 July 2009), Ştiinţă şi Credinţă, in Agero online magazine.
[…]. ’’The inauguration of the institute for growing and fermenting tobacco. The buildings of this institution were designed by architect Lucian Teodosiu”, in: Universul, year XLVIII, no. 148/ 2 July 1930, p. 5, available online at http://www.cooperativag.ro/ziua-cooperatiei-inaugurarea-institutul-tutunului-pentru-casa-monopolurilor/
National Archives, M.L.P Fund - Superior Technical Board, File 61 / 9142 – ’’File containing the plans of the block of flats for the clerks working at Slănic salt mine”
Arhitectura magazine, 1924, 1925, 1926, 1939 (1)